For conference information go here
For downloadable flyer, go here
For letter of invitation, go here
Rev. Taulima Oge, Samoan Ministries Facilitator
Rev. Taulima Oge, Samoan Ministries Facilitator is accountable to the Multicultural ministries USA/Canada regional office and his primary function is to implement the agreed-upon policies and strategies for evangelism and strengthening of existing structures on the various districts of the Church of the Nazarene. Please feel free to contact Rev. Taulima Oge regarding Samoan Ministries.
Role and Function
Rev. Taulima Oge, Samoan Ministries Facilitator is accountable to the Multicultural ministries USA/Canada regional office and his primary function is to implement the agreed-upon policies and strategies for evangelism and strengthening of existing structures on the various districts of the Church of the Nazarene. This is accomplished through:
- Arranged meetings with district superintendents and district leaders to help formulate and implement church planting strategies.
- Upon the approval of the district superintendent, visit to churches and pastors who express a desire to sponsor culture specific congregations.
- Upon the approval of the district superintendent, visit to culture-specific congregations that express the need for consultation in leadership development.
- Recommend potential pastors for new and existing congregations.
- Assist district superintendents, when requested, in the development of strategies for new initiative among specific people groups. Please feel free to contact Rev. Taulima Oge regarding Samoan Ministries.
Samoan Ministries Strategic Readiness Team
Each Facilitator works with a Strategic Readiness Team. Strategic Readiness Teams meet annually to pray, plan and strategize for their perspective ethnic group in the USA/Canada. The Samoan Ministries Strategic Readiness Team is comprised of Samoan pastors that have been approved by the Samoan Facilitator and the Multicultural Ministries Director. For contact information visit this webpage.
Samoan Ministries Unique Mission
Samoan Ministries: “exists to support districts, pastors, local churches, and leaders in the task of making Christlike disciples among Samoan groups in the U.S. and Canada.” It also endeavors to:
- Encourage the development of strategy, initiative, and resources to reach the USA/Canada mission field through the visionary leadership of a Samoan Mission Facilitator and Strategy Committee.
- Facilitate the creation of resources for pastors, local congregations, and for ministerial preparation through the strategy committee;
- Utilize as strategy committee members, church leaders who are committed to establishing the Kingdom of God in the hearts of Samoan people in their communities
Samoan Ministries Plan of Action
- We are commiteed to motivate and organize prayer movements among our pastors and their congregations for revival.
- We are committed to train and develop new leaders for ministry and for planting new churches.
- We are committed to facilitate better communications between the Samoan Pastors and District Superintendents in order to work together in planting new churches.
- We are committed to promote the USA/Canada Conference of Samoan Churches for fellowship, celebration, training and the support of planting new churches.
- We are committed to the teaching and preaching of our holiness message in the life of the Samoan Community.
- We are committed to facilitate communicating the gospel in the Samoan language in order to reach the Samoans that are not fluent with the English language.
Samoan Ministries Resources
Cultural Group Reports for 2007-2017 (Excel Spreadsheet)
Population by District 2013 USA/Canada Region (Excel Spreadsheet)
Foreign-born Population from the US Census Bureau (Excel Spreadsheet)
Detailed People Group Information
Wesleyan Holiness Library
To order at Gospel Tracts in English or additional languages contact email@example.com.
Introduction to Lifelong Learning Registry in English