WHAT IS A NEWSTART?
NewStart was a national strategy started in 1994 by Dr. Bill Sullivan to effectively train, equip, and encourage pastors and district leaders to start new churches. Through 2010, over 1700 new Nazarene churches have been started through the strategy.
NewStart as a national strategy has now been discontinued, replaced by an approach that emphasizes starting new churches using a variety of models. Yet many of the resources remain excellent for both sponsor churches and church planters. Below are some archived NewStart resources that we think you may find useful.
Unless otherwise indicated, these resources are in PDF format.
- Creating a Ministry Action Plan
- Checklists for Starting a New Church
- How Sharing Your Church Property Could Start a Church
- NewStart Action Plan Questions
- Core Group Candidate Questionnaire
- NewStart Principles and Strategies
- Finding a Temporary Worship Site
- Districts in Partnership with Congregations
- Pastors: NewStart Entrepreneurial Missionaries
- Church Board Workbook for NewStart Sponsorship
- How Laypersons Can Help Start a New Church
- Needed: Missional-Minded Women to Start Churches
- How to Start a Cultural or Minority Church